Tuesday 14 February 2017

The Thing About Love...

Hello friends.


Well it is here, one of the most dreaded holidays, I would even say possibly the most dreaded holiday celebrated here in North America. It is Valentine's Day. A day built on expectations. What you need to do if you are with someone and how you should feel if you are alone. But that is the thing about expectations, you don't need them. I wanted to write to you today, because I know what you might be going through if you are indeed alone this time of year, what you might be feeling. And if I can help you feel just a little bit less lonely, well it would help me out as well.

This year, by societies standards, I am alone. But here is the thing, while I might be on my own today, I know I am loved and I have been loved. And that is something no one can take away from me and they sure as hell can't take it from you. I have some incredible people in my life, I am truly blessed, just on my last post friends wanted to make sure I was alright and let me know they are there for me. I also have an incredible family that while is scattered through out the world in South America, Asia and here in Canada, I know they love me and are always making sure to stay in touch. It would be stupid and ungrateful of me if I didn't recognise all the love in my life, and I know it is hard at times but you need to see and feel all the love around you. 

It's also important to understand the importance of self. In this life you need to be the best you that you can be if you want to share your life with someone, mentally and physically. If I have learned anything from relationships, it's not about doing everything you can so you can stay together. I do mean that you should be the best partner you can be for your loved one, of course, but I think it's about being strong enough in your life with or without that someone by your side. It's never easy to say goodbye or to let a beautiful union go, but the love that was there is something that will always be there. I've been really lucky in my life, I've had some really incredible relationships with some incredible girls, who have grown to be even greater women. And I am really happy to see them living a life filled with joy and surrounded by love as well. And I will be the first to say, nothing makes me happier than seeing my friends and family find true love with an awesome partner, I am a sucker for true love. It's the Disney princess part of my mind for sure, but it's a part of me. 

Do I want to find true love? Well, I've already found it. What I need to find now is a peace of mind, I need to find the man that I am going to be and what I am going to for the world of tomorrow, what role will I play? Because take it from me, you are not a pawn in this game. So aim for the throne, become a queen or be the loyal knight. Whatever you choose to be, go forward with love inside your heart. Thanks for reading friends, until then keep chasing the storm. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment