Tuesday 3 June 2014

La Kill La...

Anime, am I right? In the current day of geek fandom one can't resist to fall in and out of love with anime, at first I thought I would out grow it but over the years I have grown to love many new and plenty of the classic ones I grew up with. And now with the beauty of Netflix, watching an entire season has never been easier. Hell I remember collecting the DVD's and waiting for the release dates on different series and what not. Times have changed indeed. So with that said, I have currently gotten a chance to sit back and finally watch a few episodes of one of the bigger names in the anime world, Kill La Kill. I heard a lot about this one, good stuff, bad stuff and a lot of it's kind of an anime for Otaku perverts. And while that last statement may be true, I still wanted to give this one a look. Kill La Kill was often compared to one of my favourite animes of all time, Gurren Lagann. To me that is a really big deal, I remember watching Gurren Lagaan and loving every second of it, and even the second part of the series remains just as good watching all the cosmic robot goodness. But after 5 episodes, where do I stand on Kill La Kill...?

Well first off, for those who have no idea what Kill La Kill is...

"Kill la Kill (キルラキル Kiru ra Kiru?) is an anime television series produced byTrigger. It follows vagrant schoolgirl Ryuko Matoi on her search for her father's killer, which brings her into violent conflict with the iron-fisted student council president of Honnouji Academy, Satsuki Kiryuin, and her mother's fashion empire."

So that's the plot there, Ryuko comes in looking for a fight and some answers and ends up in a crazy whirlwind of fights and uniforms with different crazy abilities and powers. In that way the show delivers really well, with crazy visuals and over the top fight scenes that anime is known for, I absolutely loved what I have seen so far, and I know it's only going to get better and better, and honestly I can't wait. The obvious "elephant in the room" is the over the top sexual content in the show, so let's get it out of the way. Yes it is there, is it the most important part of the show, no, by no means. Do they try and get some laughs, yeah and honestly some of the gags are pretty funny. The home room teacher seems to be a running gag for female fan service, bizarre yes but it works in this crazy world. At the end of the day, this is anime. It's crazy over the top entertainment, and it delivers big...well atleast so far.


But I am loving it so far, enough that it got me thinking on maybe doing episode per episode recap blogs. The trouble with that being is that it would have plenty of spoilers, so maybe I can do that later on in the year or after my first viewing. Let me know what you guys think, if you would like to see that.

That's all the time I got for now though, doing some more writing tonight as well, got to get ready for the big show this weekend at the Niagara Falls Comic Con, which is going to be an awesome weekend show, looking forward to the big crowds and the experience. Remember to comment below and subscribe to the page, I will be updating as much as I possibly can. Keep chasing the storm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment