Wednesday 28 May 2014

Awake/Asleep

Not sure which I am right now.

You know that moment, when anything seems as real or as unreal as it could possibly be. I think my mind is in that state, maybe, this is insomnia or maybe it's something else completely. Regardless, my mind will not shut down. This is why I don't dream, because I am stuck in this state of limbo. The only thing I feel lately, is numb. And loneliness. I feel that too, but I try to shrug it off, after all I've got a lot of years ahead of me, so you know get used to the idea and concept of being alone. It's not so bad. 


Been working on the Glass Prison, it helps when I am in this state. After all the main character, Jason Miller, is a tortured soul who is trapped in the horrors of his own mind and memories. So helps trying to get the right idea for him and all that. The one character, who is one of the many demon like manifestations, that I am currently reworking is the demon known as Guilt. Naturally it's based off the feeling that is guilt...

Guilt: The fact or state of having committed an offence, crime, violation, or wrong, especially against moral or penal law; culpability.

With this in mind, I wanted to create something that looked like it was in pain, it's very existence caused it damaged but it was eternally forced to serve a long sentence within the prison. The idea is that while Guilt is indeed a demon creature, it serves more as mentor in some ways to Jason. He is forced to look upon this creature and see what memories created him. By facing his guilt head on, Jason can then focus on conquering the other demons that await him deep inside. 

So that's a little sneak peak into what I am working on, if you want to find out more, let me know and I can do a weekly Glass Prison update. Keep it locked on this channel and tell your friends all about me, follow the storm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment