Monday 3 March 2014

Good Golden Morning...


And Leo doesn't get an Oscar. Well at least we can look forward to another great year of movies from this guy. The way I see it, once he does get an Oscar, he is going to go all Eddie Murphy on us and make terrible terrible pay check movies. No, not really. I think that's one thing about Leonardo Dicaprio that we love most, pretty sure all his movies are great films. He picks his films and roles wisely, and that is something you got to love and which is why we really want to see him win all the time. It will be a cold and sad day when Dicaprio chooses to do a write off family movie. Although, I think almost every actor has done one or two. Scary thoughts indeed.

So the Oscars happened last night, and me being a bit of a movie geek, I was curious to see who won and who got the snub...

86th Academy Awards winners

Best Picture: 12 Years a Slave
Best Actor in a Leading Role: Matthew McConaughey (Dallas Buyers Club)
Best Actress in a Leading Role: Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave)
Best Animated Feature: Frozen (Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee, Peter Del Vecho)
Best Cinematography: Gravity (Emmanuel Lubezki)
Best Costume Design: The Great Gatsby (Catherine Martin)
Best Directing: Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
Best Documentary Feature: 20 Feet from Stardom (Morgan Neville, Gil Friesen, Caitrin Rogers)
Best Documentary Short: The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life (Malcolm Clarke, Nicholas Reed)
Best Film Editing: Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón, Mark Sanger)
Best Foreign Language Film: The Great Beauty (Italy)
Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Dallas Buyers Club (Adruitha Lee, Robin Mathews)
Best Original Score: Gravity (Steven Price)
Best Original Song: Let It Go - Frozen
Best Production Design: The Great Gatsby (Catherine Martin, Beverley Dunn)
Best Animated Short Film: Mr. Hublot (Laurent Witz, Alexandre Espigares)
Best Live Action Short Film: Helium (Anders Walter, Kim Magnusson)
Best Sound Editing: Gravity (Glenn Freemantle)
Best Sound Mixing: Gravity (Skip Lievsay, Niv Adiri, Christopher Benstead, Chris Munro)
Best Visual Effects: Gravity (Tim Webber, Chris Lawrence, Dave Shirk, Neil Corbould)
Best Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave (John Ridley)
Best Original Screenplay: Her (Spike Jonze)

And that's the Oscars for you folks.


I will be the first to admit that I was just interested in seeing Frozen win as many awards as possible. I really loved that movie, and hell I will be the first to say as well I felt like Wolf of Wall Street needed to be recognized as well. But Frozen was an absolute joy to watch, it brought back those memories of watching Disney movies as a kid and falling in love with all the characters and the songs you would sing for days on end. I haven't felt so much love for an animated flick since The Little Mermaid and A Nightmare Before Christmas. So I am really happy to see Frozen get two well deserved Oscars for best Animated Feature and Best Original Song for Let It Go. As for the other picks, these are all really good and well deserved, I am happy to see Jared Leto take an Oscar as well. Was always a big 30 Seconds to Mars fan and I really liked Mr.Nobody, as strange as it was. I still need to watch a lot of these winners though, like Gravity and 12 Years a Slave, so it looks like I got to make some trips to the movies. And I still haven't seen the Lego Movie! 

So this was my Oscar recap, going to do my best to stay updated with you guys on a daily basis. So please come back and check back often, tell a friend and follow me on Twitter, Instagram and any other means of social media with the ChileanStorm. I am off for now, so keep chasing the storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment